Things You Need to Know
- NEW STUDENTS MUST CHANGE THEIR PASSWORD AFTER ARRIVING ON CAMPUS
Students may use ASU-Visitor or their mobile devices to visit password.appstate.edu
Anytime you are having issues logging into campus services it is always best to start with a password change
- CALL THE HELP DESK FOR GMAIL, APPALNET, DUO OR BANNER SUPPORT
Call 828-262-6266, option 1.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
(There is limited in-person support in the Support Center and the Print Zone in the library after hours and on weekends)
- AsULearn QUESTIONS?
Submit an AsULearn Service request at tech.appstate.edu
- VISIT OR CALL THE IT SUPPORT CENTER FOR HELP WITH PERSONAL COMPUTERS
Visit 140 Anne Belk Hall
Call 828-262-8324, option 4.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
We help with:
- Wireless/wired internet connections
- virus removal
- data rescue
- data migration
- software installation
- general troubleshooting
- provide hardware support on machines with Apple and Dell warranties
- *Note: For machines that are not covered under these warranties, hardware work is limited to minor repairs such as hard drive replacements. If we cannot repair the machine in our office, we will refer you to a third-party repair shop that can further service your computer.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
You have access to Microsoft Office with your App State credentials at office.com. For instructions, follow our Knowledge Base article.
*Note: Incoming freshmen might need to change their App State password when creating their account and can do this at password.appstate.edu.
- GAMING SYSTEMS / SMART TVS / ROKU
To connect your gaming console or SmartTV to the university network, you will have to
- connect it to the wired network by plugging an ethernet cable into your device and likewise into the port in your room.
- Once physically connected, please submit a Register Entertainment Device request at tech.appstate.edu and select Students - Register Entertainment Device.
- Be sure to include your residence hall and the device LAN or wired MAC address. To find the LAN/wired MAC address, go to the network settings of your device.
- *Note: Not all smart devices will work on our network. Wireless devices may have visitor access only.
- For a list of registerable and non-registerable devices, see this Knowledge Base article.
- WIFI SETUP
Visit wifi.appstate.edu, select “click here to configure,” then follow the instructions/prompts provided for your operating system. Cell phones work well on ASU Visitor wifi.
- GET YOUR APP STATE EMAIL ON YOUR PHONE
To get your App State email on your phone, download the Gmail app. Once installed, sign in using your university email address and password.
- BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!
Flash drives often fail and are easily lost. We recommend backing up your academic data through cloud storage such as Google Drive or Dropbox. You get expanded Google Drive storage when you log in with your App State account!
*Note: your university email account will expire once you leave the university.
- PRINT ZONE
Located in the Belk Library. You can print straight to an email address and pick it up at one of the campus locations. Visit support.appstate.edu/print to find printing locations.
*Note: Wireless printers will not work on our campus.
- We have changed from Pharos to PaperCut printing as of Fall 2023.
- Print cards in the library are no longer be issued. Money will need to be applied to your App Card in order to complete a print release. To make a deposit or check the balance on your App Card, visit appcard.appstate.edu/appcard-online#deposits.
- Pricing for PaperCut Printing is available at support.appstate.edu/print-copy
- To add a printer manually to your computer,
You have access to App State software through our virtual lab at udesk.appstate.edu.
- WIRED DEVICES
You can register wired devices by plugging in an ethernet cable (which can be located underneath the wireless access point in your room). Open a web browser and go to netreg2.appstate.edu (please use this option for streaming services).