Computer labs provide students with public workstations all across campus. Students can check email, browse the web and access software licensed by the university. High-quality printers in computer labs provide an affordable printing solution for students.
All students are asked to respect the rights of others in order to have a quiet environment to complete their assignments.
Contact support for service and assistance with lab equipment.
- Students must be a registered student at Appalachian State University and have a valid ID.
- Food, beverages, and tobacco products are not allowed in the lab.
- Students must not disturb or distract others by conducting themselves in an unacceptable manner.
- Computers are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students should not save files on the lab computers since the hard drives are regularly purged.
- It is the responsibility of the student to provide their own device or process for saving documents/files.
- Always keep a backup file of your important documents.
- Information Technology Services is not responsible for the loss of files due to power failures, computer hardware/software failures, network difficulties and/or students not periodically saving their work.
- Nor is ITS responsible if ITS cannot recover lost files or fix damaged disks.
Note: Due to the high demand from students for class assignments and projects, we are unable to reserve any ITS Computer Lab two weeks prior to any break or holiday.