The Technology Support Center (TSC) is first-come, first-serve for faculty, staff and students. Services are offered for personal and university-owned devices.
Located in Anne Belk Hall, Room 140
We require that you bring your charger with your computer at check-in.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Summer, Fall & Winter Break Hours
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Phone: 828-262-8324 option 4
Submit a ticket: tech.appstate.edu
Services We Offer
- Configuring a new system
- Assistance with wifi registration
- Technology consulting/troubleshooting
- Virus and spyware removal
- Operating system and software installations
- Computer software and hardware testing
- Warranty fulfillment for Dell and Apple
- Safeware insurance
- Assistance with installation of Microsoft Office 365
Quick Troubleshooting Guide
- Account Issues & passwords
Most password, account, lab computer login, Udesk login and other authentication issues can be solved by changing your password at password.appstate.edu.
- Office 365 and new students
All new students, freshman and transfer students, have to change their password when they get to campus. After changing your password it can take up to an hour for your Office 365 account to update.
- Security and 2-factor authentification
We have transitioned to 2-factor authentication for everybody on campus to help prevent bogus login attempts. Remember, App State will never ask you for a password or personal information via email. You can report any suspicious activity to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have two main WiFi networks. asu-secure and asu-visitor. To connect to the asu-secure network, jump on the asu-visitor network and go to https://wifi.appstate.edu (phones will require a lock screen passcode and it may be easier to keep them on asu-visitor).
- Wired, Gaming and Home Entertainment Devices
To get your Xbox, PlayStation or Home Entertainment Device registered on the App State network
- you will need an ethernet cable plugged into your device and the wall.
- Then enter a support request at tech.appstate.edu - submit your ticket under Personally Owned Technology Equipment, and be sure to include your name, hall, room number, phone number and mac address for your device.
- Mac addresses can be found in the device network settings, it may also be labeled physical address.
- You will be notified via email when your device has been admitted onto the network.
- *Some devices may not work or will only work on visitor.
We are always looking for talented students who are interested in working with technology. Please apply below if you are interested in becoming part of our team. We hire prior to each semester.