The following software applications are available to students in the Technology Support Center located on the bottom floor of Anne Belk Hall.
- Adobe - Adobe Creative Cloud is automatically available to any student who is enrolled in a class that requires the software as part of the curruriculum. If it is not part of the curriculum, students can request a license via this form.
- SAS - Bring your computer into the Support Center in Anne Belk Hall for installation or follow these steps:
- JMP - Installation steps:
- ArcGIS - Click here for more information about ArcGIS.
- EndNote 7 8 9 - Available online (requires login).
- SPSS - A local copy can be purchased for a $35 for a one year license. Purchase a License Code from the Technology Support Center in Anne Belk Hall and download here (requires login with your appstate gmail account). SPSS will not work on a Chromebook or other device with Chrome OS. You can also access SPSS for free from the virtual computer lab
- Mathematica - Available Online. Students can download this software for free using their appstate email address.
- Anti-Virus - Visit the Technology Support Center or see our Anti-Virus Software page for information.
- Microsoft Office 365 - Students can now download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite free of charge using their University Credentials. It can be used on up to 5 personal devices. See the Most Common Questions section of the Technology Knowledge Base for instructions.
- AutoDesk - AutoCad, Revit, Maya, and other software are free for students. Software can be downloaded from the Autodesk website.
Some departments on campus may require students to purchase additional software applications. Many of these applications and more are available in the computer labs on campus. To see a complete list of standard software in computers labs, please choose one of the following: