The following software applications are available to students in the Technology Support Center located on the bottom floor of Anne Belk Hall.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is automatically available to any student who is enrolled in a class that requires the software as part of the curriculum.
- If it is not part of the curriculum, students can request a license via this form.
- SAS - Bring your computer into the Support Center in Anne Belk Hall for installation or follow these steps:
- Log in
- Fill out this form to get your license file
- Download the software (requires log in to your Appstate Gmail account).
- For installation help, follow along with this SAS installation tutorial (DOCX).
- JMP - Installation steps:
- EndNote 20 - Available online (requires login).
- Mathematica - Available online. Students can download this software for free using their App State email address.
- Antivirus - Visit the Technology Support Center or see our Antivirus Software page for information.
- Microsoft Office 365 - Students can now download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite free of charge using their University credentials. It can be used on up to 5 personal devices.
- AutoDesk - AutoCad, Revit, Maya and other software are free for students. The software can be downloaded from the Autodesk website.
- R is a programming language and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing. Available free online.
- R Studio is an integrated development environment for R, a programming language for statistical computing and graphics. Available free online.
Some departments on campus may require students to purchase additional software applications. Many of these applications and more are available in the computer labs on campus.