The standard for former student email accounts has been updated to the following:
A student's Mountaineer Apps (Google) account is valid as long as the student is enrolled. Access to the Google account will be extended as a courtesy to the student for 1 year after the last attended semester.
Microsoft and Adobe Cloud Services are disabled on the last day of the academic term for graduating/former students.
Please make sure all data is offboarded prior to the end of the term.
The following are scheduled to be deleted on Tuesday, April 5th, 2022:
- Students who graduated in Fall semester 2019
- Students who graduated in Spring or Summer 2020
- Students who graduated in Fall semester 2020
- Anyone who has not attended since Fall Semester 2020
If your Mountaineer Apps account falls into this category, you must retrieve any emails, drive files or calendar appointments prior to April 5th, 2022 or they will be purged.
The University assumes no responsibility for backing up personal material or personal information stored on University Information Technology and shall have no obligation to produce any such personal material or information at any point during or after an individual’s period of employment, enrollment or other affiliation.
Please take action before the deadline to prevent data loss.
- Follow the instructions below to prepare for this deletion and to retrieve your account data.
- You will need your Mountaineer Apps username and password to complete these steps.
- Go to https://bannerweb.appstate.edu to provide/update your alternate email address on file with the university by selecting the personal information tab > then view/update personal email address.
- This email address will allow the university to maintain communication with Alumni in the future.
Retrieve your emails, drive files and calendars from your Mountaineer Apps account before March 8, 2022.
- Instructions for retreiving your data
- Your data will no longer be accessible after March 8, 2022. Please allow several days to complete this process.
- Please consider setting your vacation message in your App State account now to notify your contacts that your email address will change. You may also consider sending a message to all contacts to notify them of this change.
Consider all other accounts/applications your App State email may be associated with.
- These may include Social Media Outlets, Pinterest, Phone Applications, Xbox Live, Android Phones, Apple IDs, Amazon and many others.
- Get more information about managing Google products and third party applications that may be linked to your Google account (PDF, 169 KB).
Connect with the Alumni Association by:
- Creating an account
Goldbook is an alumni benefit that provides access to search tools, class notes and much more.
- Download the official alumni app, App State Connect
You'll find nationwide alumni discounts, information about alumni events, an easy-to-use alumni directory, and even your own personalized digital alumni ID card.
- Following the Alumni Association on social media
From Instagram to LinkedIn, keep up with alumni news and events.