Zoom Web Conferencing
Appalachian's web conferencing tool, Zoom, allows faculty, staff, and students to interact live via a web interface. Web conferencing allows anyone with a computer and Internet connection or a mobile device with the app installed to interact with two-way audio, video, chat, screen sharing, breakout rooms, recording, and more. Users can send invitations to any email address, so it is easy to bring in participants from outside the University. All faculty, staff, and students have Zoom 'Pro' accounts, and are equally able to use this product, both to host and to attend meetings.
You can use Zoom web conferencing tools to:
- Host meetings of up to 300 participants from a computer or mobile device
- "Winterize your course" and meet virtually during inclement weather
- Bring in guest speakers from distant locations, including those external to the University
- Hold virtual office hours
- Use one of our limited 'webinar' licenses to host a meeting of up to 500 users.
- Faculty can also easily add a Zoom meeting to any AsULearn course via the integrated "Zoom meeting" activity in AsULearn
- Users can access Zoom via our custom landing page at: https://appstate.zoom.us ; via the Zoom Mobile apps; or via the Zoom activity in AsULearn (for Teacher role in AsULearn only).