Spectre, Meltdown and Banner Access
In response to the recent security threats with "Spectre and Meltdown", ITS has updated all browsers to help protect the campus from the security threats. For some Banner users on campus using older versions of FireFox, this affected accessing Internet Native Banner (INB).
- ITS recommends that you use Internet Explorer on Windows machines and Safari on Mac machines when accessing Banner. Both are automatically updated and patched as new versions are released.
- If you are using a version of Firefox that is not working with Banner, please update to Firefox ESR. First, uninstall the older version of Firefox, (if you need assistance with uninstalling Firefox, call our Help Desk at 262-6266). To install Firefox ESR on a Windows machine, choose Start, then Software Center, next choose Applications, and install Firefox ESR. If you are using a Mac, go to Self Service and choose Firefox ESR.
- Do not use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge when accessing Banner.
- Computers must have a supported version of Java installed and browser plug-ins enabled for Java. The supported version of Java will always be the NEWEST available release. Please reference the support article below for information on installing Java and enabling plugins. https://support.appstate.edu/answers/how-access-internet-native-banner-inb
- When connecting to Banner INB from an off campus location you must first connect to Pulse Secure or uDesk (remote.appstate.edu).
If you have questions or concerns, please call our Help Desk at 262-6266.