IT Support Offers Software support for University Machines and Personal Machines.
For a full list of Software available on Univeristy Mac Computers, visit the Self Service Icon in your Applications folder. For a full list of Software available on Univeristy PC Computers, visit the Software Center Icon on your desktop.
If you have an issue with software on your university machine please put in a support request and your department consultant will assist you. You may also call the IT Help Desk at 828-262-6266.
Adobe Creative Cloud
All Faculty and Staff are now licensed for the Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat DC, and many others. This intregration with Adobe allows ITS to simplify access by allowing Faculty and Staff users to authenticate to Adobe Creative Cloud with their AppState credentials using Shibboleth. You may sign into 2 computers at a time with your Adobe Enterprise ID.
For information on how to get the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, login with your AppState credentials (Enterprise ID), or install and access the creative tools, please see our guide to Getting Started with Adobe Creative Cloud.
Additional Adobe Information
For a full list of programs included in our Creative Cloud license, please view the Creative Cloud for Enterprise product listing here.
Personal Faculty/Staff Machines
If you need assistance with software on your Personal Machine, you can contact the Technology Support Center by calling 828-262-8324 opt 2 or stop by their office in the bottom floor of Anne Belk Hall.
Software available for personal machines:
- SAS- Fill out this form to get your license file SAS and JMP software licenses then download the software here (Requires log in to your Appstate Gmail account). For installation help, follow along with this tutorial.
- JMP- Filll out this form to get your license file SAS and JMP software licenses then download the Installer Here. (requires login with Appstate Credentials)
- ArcGIS - Click here for more information
- EndNote 7- Available online (Requires Login)
- SPSS - $35 for a one year license. Purchase a License Code from the Technology Support Center in Anne Belk Hall and download here. (Requires log in to your Appstate Email Account)
- Mathematica - Available Online. Students can download this software for free using the appstate email address.
Anti-Virus Visit the Technology Support Center or click on the link below for information regarding Anti-Virus Software.Anti-Virus Software
Mircosoft Office 365 Faculty, Staff and Students can now download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite free of charge using their Univeristy Credentials. It can be used on up to 5 personal devices. Click on this tutorial for assistance: Microsoft Office 365