IT Support offers software support for university machines and personal machines.
- For a full list of software available on university Mac computers, visit the Self Service Icon in your Applications folder.
- For a full list of Software available on University PC Computers, visit the Software Center Icon on your desktop.
- If you have an issue with software on your university machine please put in a support request and your department consultant will assist you. You may also call the IT Help Desk at 828-262-6266.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Faculty who teach with Adobe Creative Cloud as part of the curriculum are automatically licensed to use the software. On a university computer, open Creative Cloud and sign in with your AppState credentials using Shibboleth. You may sign into 2 computers at a time with your Adobe Enterprise ID.
Creative Cloud may also be installed on a personal computer. Faculty and Staff may request a license via this form.
Additional Adobe Information
- For a full list of programs included in our Creative Cloud license, please view the Creative Cloud for Enterprise product listing.
- How to download the Creative Cloud Desktop App on a home machine.
- How many computers can I sign into with an Enterprise ID for Creative Cloud?
Personal Faculty/Staff Machines
If you need assistance with software on your Personal Machine, you can contact the Technology Support Center by calling 828-262-8324 opt 2 or stop by their office in the bottom floor of Anne Belk Hall.
Software available for personal machines:
- ArcGIS - Click here for more information about ArcGIS.
- EndNote 7 8 9 - Available online (requires login).
- SPSS - A local copy can be installed for $35 for a one year license. Purchase a License Code from the Technology Support Center in Anne Belk Hall and download here (Ensure that you are logged in with a valid @appstate.edu Gmail account). SPSS will not work on a Chromebook or other device with Chrome OS. You can also access SPSS for free by going to the virtual computer lab.
- Mathematica - Available Online. Students can download this software for free using their appstate email address.
- Anti-Virus Visit the Technology Support Center or see our Anti-Virus Software page for information.
- Microsoft Office 365 - Faculty, Staff and Students can now download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite free of charge using their Univeristy Credentials. It can be used on up to 5 personal devices. See the Microsoft Office 365 tutorial for assistance.
- R- R is a programming language and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing. Available free Online.
- R Studio- RStudio is an integrated development environment for R, a programming language for statistical computing and graphics. Availalbe fee Online.