IT Support offers software support for university machines and personal machines.
- For a full list of software available on university Mac computers, visit the Self Service Icon in your Applications folder.
- For a full list of Software available on University PC Computers, visit the Software Center Icon on your desktop.
- If you have an issue with software on your university machine please put in a support request and your department consultant will assist you. You may also call the IT Help Desk at 828-262-6266.
Adobe Creative Cloud
All Faculty and Staff are now licensed for the Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat DC, and many others. This integration with Adobe allows ITS to simplify access by allowing Faculty and Staff users to authenticate to Adobe Creative Cloud with their AppState credentials using Shibboleth. You may sign into 2 computers at a time with your Adobe Enterprise ID.
For information on how to get the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, login with your AppState credentials (Enterprise ID), or install and access the creative tools, please see our guide to Getting Started with Adobe Creative Cloud.
Additional Adobe Information
- For a full list of programs included in our Creative Cloud license, please view the Creative Cloud for Enterprise product listing.
- How to download the Creative Cloud Desktop App on a home machine.
- How many computers can I sign into with an Enterprise ID for Creative Cloud?
Personal Faculty/Staff Machines
If you need assistance with software on your Personal Machine, you can contact the Technology Support Center by calling 828-262-8324 opt 2 or stop by their office in the bottom floor of Anne Belk Hall.
Software available for personal machines:
- ArcGIS - Click here for more information about ArcGIS.
- EndNote 7 8 9 - Available online (requires login).
- SPSS - A local copy can be installed for $35 for a one year license. Purchase a License Code from the Technology Support Center in Anne Belk Hall and download here (Ensure that you are logged in with a valid @appstate.edu Gmail account). SPSS will not work on a Chromebook or other device with Chrome OS. You can also access SPSS for free by going to the virtual computer lab.
- Mathematica - Available Online. Students can download this software for free using their appstate email address.
- Anti-Virus Visit the Technology Support Center or see our Anti-Virus Software page for information.
- Microsoft Office 365 - Faculty, Staff and Students can now download the Microsoft Office 365 Suite free of charge using their Univeristy Credentials. It can be used on up to 5 personal devices. See the Microsoft Office 365 tutorial for assistance.