Technology Support Services reccommends Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your PC machine on a regular basis. This software is a free download from Microsoft and works just as well if not better than many of the anti-virus programs that cost money. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ship with Antivirus already.
Click the link below to begin the download:
- Please uninstall an other anti-virus software before installing MSSE. Running more than one anti-virus will affect computer preformance negatively.
- Microsoft Secuity Essentials
Technology Support Services reccommends Sophos AntiVirus Software for Mac Computers. ClamXav is another AntiVirus Program that works relatively well with Mac computers. Running multiple AntiVirus programs on your computer at a time can cause issues, so choose only one to install.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Please uninstall any previous version of antivirus software before installing Sophos. Running more than one anti-virus will affect computer preformance negatively.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Please uninstall any previous version of antivirus software before installing ClamXav. Running more than one anti-virus will affect computer preformance negatively.
If your machine is already infected:
You can bring it into our Technology Support Center or run your own clean-up using the programs listed below.
Please note: These programs are not managed by IT Support, they are free downloads and we are not responsible for their content.
Clean your own Mac
Adware medic malware scanner for Macs
Clean your own PC (run in Safe Mode with Networking) --- Press F8 when your system starts)
*** Any Utilities can cause BSOD, Please backup before attempting
- Rkill this can sometimes help kill the virus so you can run other things
- ADWCleaner search and then delete
- Combofix Tech Support's Best Friend
- Junkware Removal Tool
- HitManPro Another useful tool
- Kaspersky's TDS Killer (master Boot Record Check)
- SuperAntiSpyware Similar to Malwarebytes
- Malwarebytes Also, Tech Support's Best Friend, Don't forget to update!
- CCleaner Clean temp files, go ahead and choose everything but wipe disk space. This will delete any saved online info including passwords. Don't forget to go into settings and check the box, delete files less than 24 hours old. Cleaner Tutorial and CCleander Enhancer tutorial